Have you ever felt like you are your job? When you meet someone for the first time or catch up with a friend, the first thing you guys talk about are how work is going?
It can be exhausting to take on the identity of your job, but it doesn't have to be like that.
You are so much more than this. You have a unique personality with unique hobbies, interests, likes, and quirks that make you special.
I had to learn this the hard way by measuring my value and worth by how well my business was doing. I made my business and myself one in the same.
Not until I felt burned out did I get support from friends and see that it didn't have to be this way. My business is so so important to me, but it's not the only thing I have going. I have a lot of other amazing parts of me, not just my biz.
When you're feeling like you don't even know who you are outside of your work, try this activity:
Find yourself again by exploring what lights you up and what you love to do. Answer these questions:
1. What's your favorite song/artist/music?
2. What are your favorite hobbies and activities during free time?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. I'm the most happy when...
5. What do your friends and family say you do better than anyone else in the world?
6. What are your favorite TV shows and movies?
7. What is your personal style like?
8. What is your number 1 value?